[FLR-list] size

Laurie Kell lauriekell at googlemail.com
Wed May 22 17:17:42 CEST 2013

I think the discussion shows that we will need flexibility.

To try and summarise

For data objects
1) FLQuant can be used to model LFD, but not age as well
2) FLPar can be used to model say an ALK where you need both length & age

However we need to define what is meant by length in both cases, this could
be done by creating a new class (e.g. FLCohort) or adding an attribute
(e.g. M).

I think there are 3 types of length dims e,g,
I) a continuous variable, such as a mid pt which may come from a parametric
model
II) a variable that represents a bin boundary, either the left or righthand
boundary where the adjacent quant/param gives the other boundary
III) a variable that represents a bin boundary (l or r) and the bin width
is pre-defined, i.e. so you can have missing bins

Then methods and packages can be designed to work across packages.

Laurie