[FLR-list] size

Santiago Cerviño santiago.cervino at vi.ieo.es
Wed May 22 15:38:27 CEST 2013

Length based models usually group length classes for different causes. Sometimes you do not have the whole information; sometimes you need to simplify your model; you might need to make big groups for larger fish and small ones for medium size fish, etc. I think len bins should be user defined without constraints. It is also important to have the whole information (lower length and upper length) for each bin somewhere. This information will be needed.

Could work this idea that keeps consistency with FLR age names using only one number? For instance 5, 12, 20, 30 that means 5-12, 12-20, 20-30, 30-??. We would only need that maximum length is defined somewhere to know the size of the last bin (minage, maxage slots used for minlen maxlen).

Santi