[datatable-help] check.names in [] operator

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Sat Mar 10 11:08:30 CET 2012

Munged is a slightly strong word to describe that. Similar to mangled.
The thinking behind it is to encourage j expressions of column names, like
a database. So column names need to be valid variable names.
However thinking about it, perhaps data.table shouldn't force that on
user. Writing from phone so perhaps you could raise a detailed bug or
feature request.