[datatable-help] Making data.table shiny aware or vice-versa?

Bacou, Melanie mel at mbacou.com
Sat Dec 1 05:44:24 CET 2012

|Adam, Steve,

Strangely the toy example is working for me as expected, I don't get any
error message.
Here is my session info:

R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  utils     datasets  grDevices methods base

other attached packages:
[1] bitops_1.0-4.2   data.table_1.8.4 shiny_0.2.3 rj_1.1.0-4

[1] caTools_1.13     digest_0.5.2     rj.gd_1.1.0-1 RJSONIO_1.0-1
[5] tools_2.15.1     websockets_1.1.6 xtable_1.7-0

--Mel.

|On 11/30/2012 10:59 PM, Adam Caldwell wrote:
|
> |Unfortunately my code is a work in progress and useless without a
> rather large unpublished research dataset.
>
> However, I created a very simple example to display the issue:
> https://gist.github.com/4180472
>
> By default I commented out my workaround line, so you can see the
> issue. In this case we get the error:
> Error in `[.data.frame`(x, i) : object 'value' not found
>
> Works as expected with the workaround uncommented.
>
> There was a different error with my earlier project, though I think it
> stems from the same issue.
>
> If you aren't familiar with shiny, you can run my example by saving
> both files to a directory, then
> library(shiny)
> runApp("/path/to/code")
>
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Steve Lianoglou
> <mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> |
>> |Hi
>>
>> I've been meaning to play with shiny but haven't found the time.
>>
>> Could you share your project with the problem  (maybe put on github) so we
>> can kick the tires -- or maybe a toy project that exhibits the issue if you
>> can't make yours public?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Friday, November 30, 2012, Adam Caldwell wrote:
>> |

>>> Ran into a bit of an issue using data.table in the shiny project I'm
>>> working on, though google led me to someone with a similar problem,
>>> and I resolved my issue by adding:
>>>
>>> assignInNamespace("cedta.override","shiny","data.table")
>>>
>>> To my project. Is this something that should be fixed in data.table or
>>> shiny, or should I just continue to use this workaround? I didn't want
>>> to file a bug if this isn't considered to be a bug.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Adam
>>> |

>> --
>> Steve Lianoglou
>> Graduate Student: Computational Systems Biology
>>   | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>>   | Weill Medical College of Cornell University
>> Contact Info: http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos/contact

|--

|Melanie BACOU
International Food Policy Research Institute
Agricultural Economist, HarvestChoice
Work +1 (202) 862-5699
E-mail mel at mbacou.com
Visit harvestchoice.org|