[datatable-help] Making data.table shiny aware or vice-versa?

Adam Caldwell adam.caldwell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 04:59:45 CET 2012

Unfortunately my code is a work in progress and useless without a
rather large unpublished research dataset.

However, I created a very simple example to display the issue:
https://gist.github.com/4180472

By default I commented out my workaround line, so you can see the
issue. In this case we get the error:
Error in `[.data.frame`(x, i) : object 'value' not found

Works as expected with the workaround uncommented.

There was a different error with my earlier project, though I think it
stems from the same issue.

If you aren't familiar with shiny, you can run my example by saving
both files to a directory, then
library(shiny)
runApp("/path/to/code")