[datatable-help] How to get only those values out of a matrix that are in a list

Ingezz irholtman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:00:45 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I just started using R for my microarray analysis, so I am quite new to all
of this. For now I have done preprocessing, normalization, limma and
globaltest KEGG pathway analysis.

I would like to see how each in gene in a certain pathway contributes the
significance of the pathway. Therefore, I would like to combine the output
of limma analysis and the genes that belong to a certain KEGG pathway.
It is simple to get a list of genes that belong to a pathway in a vector,
but I dont know how to pick only those genes from the limma toplist-file,
with all the belonging statistics and make a new datamatrix from that. I
hope my story is a bit clear, cause I dont know the exact R terminology.

I have googled this, read many online introductions to R, but I cannot find
it. I hope I havent posted this in the wrong place, but I hope that their is
someone who can help me. Is there a function that is capable of picking only
those elements from a datamatrix that correspond to the elements of a list?
That's basically what the question comes down to.

Many thanks!

Regards
Richelle