[datatable-help] Is data.table ready for prime-time and sensitive work?

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:16:44 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM, mbacou <mel at mbacou.com> wrote:
> My question is: is data.table ready for production? Would you rely on it for
> sensitive publications?

If you have tight time deadlines, you may want to go with what you
have experience with, especially if it involves complicated queries or
manipulations. If you've already tried the data.table features you'll
need for "production", then using data.table may help you get things
done faster.

Data.table has been robust for me on 6-GB datasets on a machine with
24 GB of ram. With data.table, as with most tools, user error is more
likely than a tool bug, so you need to test/check your data and your
results.

- Tom