[datatable-help] How to Adaptively Set Up the Coordinate Range of Multiple Graphs in One Figure

Wonsang You you at ifn-magdeburg.de
Tue Aug 31 11:32:51 CEST 2010

Hi, R-Helpers,

I would like to ask about multiple graphs in one figure. I tried to execute
the following codes.

 xlim <- c(1,100)

ylim <- c(1,4)

plot(NA, xlim=xlim, ylim=ylim)

> x <- c(1:100)

for(j in seq(1,10,by=1)) {

     y <- j*x^2+log(j)

     lines(x, y)

}

In the above codes, I had to  arbitrarily set up the coordinate range of the
figure in advance before calculating the values y. (seexlim and ylim)
In results, the figure did not contain all data since most of data were
outside the predefined range.
I am wondering about how to control xlim and ylim adaptive to the real range
of data, in order to include all data in the figure.
Thank you for your great help and contribution.

Best Regards,
Stephen You

-----
--