[adegenet-forum] SNP alleles

Andrea Garavito neagef at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:24:57 CEST 2014

Thanks Miguel,

You found the problem! I searched and replaced the space characters, redo
the analysis et voila! I have my two columns per marker.
With all the reformatting needed to obtain the A/T format from the original
excell file, no wonder how those spaces got into the data!

This allows me to rephrase my other question, that got lost in the
discussion:

I tried the scale=F and scale=T in the scaleGen function  but I get two
radically different results. With scale=T my individuals get separated into
only two groups; while with scale=F, individuals get more "harmoniously"
distributed over the 2 first PC axis. Which one would be more appropriate
according to my data type? Because both seemed in agreement with the origin
of individuals, I'm not sure which one represents better the "real picture".

Thank you all for the help

Andrea