[adegenet-forum] Data type and admixed individuals

Hugo Gante hugo.gante at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:50:20 CEST 2011

Hi,
Perhaps someone could help me out with a basic file format question.
To run DAPC can I use qualitative (coded) data or do I have to use
quantitative data since it first runs a PCA? I found some information about
data file format (matrix vs other non-specified) and data type (quantitative
vs characters) but more detail (examples?) on file formats would be most
appreciated.

Also, I was wondering how admixed individuals will be treated and if there
is a way to identify them using DAPC?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Hugo