[adegenet-forum] Data type/format and admixed individuals using DAPC

Hugo Gante hugo.gante at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:24:05 CEST 2011

Hi,
Perhaps someone could help me out with a basic file format question?
To run DAPC can I use qualitative (coded) data or do I have to use
quantitative data since it first runs a PCA? I found some information about
data file format (matrix vs tabular?) and data type (quantitative vs
characters) but some clarification on usage and where to find more detail
(examples?) on file formats would be most appreciated.

Also, I was wondering how admixed individuals are treated and if they will
be identified by DAPC?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Hugo