[adegenet-forum] sub-sampling individuals from a genind object

Stephen Petersen spetersen at nrdpfc.ca
Tue Nov 25 15:00:34 CET 2008

Hello,
I am having trouble as I try to sub sample from a population. I would like
to sub sample after I have created the genind object so that I can separate
populations then randomly pull samples from a specific population.

I'm not sure if am on the correct track but I am able to sample the names
(indlist <- sample(data$ind.names, 5, replace = FALSE, prob = NULL) from my
population but I can't seem to sample the alleles (data$tab ?) or the entire
record for a set of individuals.

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Stephen