[Zipfr-users] zipfr installation / loading error

Marc Poch marc.pochriera at upf.edu
Tue May 24 09:47:55 CEST 2011

Hi!
I'm having some problems with the zipfr library. I used to work with it and
with Cairo library.
A few days ago, both of them stopped working. I reinstalled them but only
Cairo worked again.
ZipfR has been impossible to load.
Here I attach my R version, zipfR installation progress, and loading error.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Marc
*

R version:*
> version
               _
platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          10.1
year           2009
month          12
day            14
svn rev        50720
language       R
version.string R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)

*installation process:*
> install.packages("zipfR", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
Warning in install.packages("zipfR", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
:
  argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
trying URL 'http://R-Forge.R-project.org/src/contrib/zipfR_0.6-6.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 743411 bytes (725 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 725 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘zipfR’ ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
* DONE (zipfR)

The downloaded packages are in
    ‘/tmp/RtmpcAqD45/downloaded_packages’

*Error loading zipfr:*
>library(zipfR)
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) : undefined exports: lnre.bootstrap
In addition: Warning message:
S3 methods ‘postdlnre.lnre.zm’, ‘postdlnre.lnre.fzm’, ‘postdlnre.lnre.gigp’,
‘postplnre.lnre.zm’, ‘postqlnre.lnre.zm’, ‘postqlnre.lnre.fzm’ were declared
in NAMESPACE but not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'zipfR'

Marc Poch Riera
*UNIVERSITAT POMPEU FABRA – BARCELONA*
*IULA* Institut Universitari de Lingüística Aplicada
Roc Boronat 138, 08018 Barcelona
Tel. +34935422307