[Zipfr-users] help with generating zipF data

Senlin Liang senlin.liang at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 18:44:20 CET 2010

Hey all,

I read in a paper about the zipf distribution, which seems different from
what i learned here. It says: we can generate a random dataset of pairs of
the form (x,y). By modifying some variable Z during data generation, we can
generate dataset where x and y can be closely correlated or totally
independent.

I am wondering whether it possible to achieve that. I want to generate
random pairs of (x,y), where I can control the correlation between x and y.

Thanks a lot,

Senlin