[Travelr-announce] TravelR Status Update

Announcements related to the TravelR project travelr-announce at lists.r-forge.r-project.org
Thu Jul 8 02:08:39 CEST 2010

I just wanted to send out a short note on TravelR status:

The project has been on hiatus as I wrapped up my old job (at Virginia
DOT) and as I start up on my new job (at the Federal Highway
Administration; first day was July 6).  TravelR is continuing as a hobby
project, and I will be making the scheduled presentation on July 22 at
the UseR 2010 conference in Maryland.  However, until I find a regular
place to live in Washington DC, I'm unlikely to have time to work on it.

The package is currently a bit shaky -- it was basically working the
last time I checked, but I haven't put it through the wringer yet.  In
addition to continuing to clean up the code, the next step is to
continue working on the vignettes and documentation.  The packages
appear to build and load, but there's a bit of cosmetic cleanup to do in
order for the check process to run cleanly on 64-bit systems.  You can
find downloads in various forms (including instructions for a direct
CRAN-like direct install) under the "R Packages" tab on the TravelR
R-Forge site, here:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=745

Feedback is appreciated if any of you have a chance to look at it.

Jeremy