[Traminer-users] Formal definition of the Chi-Square distance metric?

Gilbert Ritschard Gilbert.Ritschard at unige.ch
Tue Oct 30 11:10:07 CET 2018

Hi Laurence,

The Chi-squared measure implemented in TraMineR is described in the JRSSA article
http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/rssa.12125

and you find more details (e.g. formula) in the LIVES Working Paper
https://www.lives-nccr.ch/sites/default/files/pdf/publication/33_lives_wp_studer_sequencedissmeasures.pdf

By the way, I strongly encourage you to ask your question on stackexchange (see http://traminer.unige.ch/contrib.shtml ) where you will reach more people.

All the best.
Gilbert