[Traminer-users] Identifying discriminant event subsequences among 3 groups

Erkan ER erkanererkaner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:37:01 CEST 2018

I am using TraMineR to identifying discriminant event subsequences among 3
groups. In the user guide, it does not mention how to interpret p-value
when 3 groups are compared. Here is a part of my output:

Subsequence      Support  p.value statistic index  Freq.1   Freq.2
Freq.3(I)-(V)-(A)-(A)  0.138   0.003    11.388    48     0.126
0.044    0.242

According to this result, this subsequence discriminates significantly the
groups. I wonder if it is possible to know among which groups? Does this
p-value means that all groups are different from each other in terms of the
frequency of this sequence? I appreciate any help and insight.