[Traminer-users] Method options in seqdist functions: "OMloc" and others...

ELIE CHOSSON elie.chosson at upmf-grenoble.fr
Tue Mar 17 14:23:55 CET 2015

Hello TraMineR community!

I work on Optimal Matching Analysis and I'm interested about extensions of the method.
In searching on the Internet, i found that the seqdist function provides methods like "OMloc" for localized optimal matching analysis (like the Hollister proposal), or others methods (duration sensitive OM, etc.).
(For example here)
But this options are not accepted when I use the seqdist function (on the 1.8-9 version of TraMineR package).
I install the development version but the seqdist function still not provide this options.

So my question is: there is these options availables somewhere now?

If not, I would like to create variable indel costs but it seem to be hard to do...
I try to use seqdistmc function with a channel which is my real sequence objet and a new sequence object who give for each position an indicator that taking account neighbouring elements ("0" if all neighbours are others state, "1" if one neighbour is other state and "0" if all neighbours are same state). But I don't think is a good way to do (and it's not conform to the Hollister proposal...)

I thank you for your answers, and I thank a lot all contributors to TraMineR.

Sorry for my english,

Kind regards,
--

Elie Chosson,
Attaché Temporaire à l'Enseignement et à la Recherche (A.TE.R),

BATEG, Bureau 513, tel: 04 76 82 59 89
BP 47 - 38040 Grenoble Cedex 9