[Traminer-users] Fwd: How does dissrep work?

Nathan Harmston iwanttobeabadger at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:46:57 CET 2014

Hi,

So I'm trying to use the TraMineR package to select a representative set of
instances from a clsutering I have performed using the dissrep function.

However, the help and documentation for how dissrep chooses the
"representative instances" is a little lacking? How does TraMineR decide
what is the most representative instance? What is the difference between
setting the criterion to "dist" and "density"?

I know these are simple questions, but I need to understand how this works
before I can use this software in my work.

Many thanks in advance,