[Traminer-users] Problems for sequences search that contain a specific state and with the seqecreate/seqecontain functions.

ELIE CHOSSON elie.chosson at upmf-grenoble.fr
Thu May 2 09:54:04 CEST 2013

Hello dear TraMineR's users.

I have some basic questions, on the TraMineR package. Unfortunately, i don't find some response elements.
That is my problem: i create my seqdef object, and i create a state for the gaps NA's, named "gap":
> Dddd.seq<-seqdef(Dddd, 1:12, left="late", right="out", gaps="gap", nr="no")
And, in a second time, i would like to work precisely on sequences which contain this specific state '("gap"), i.e. sequences with an interruption.
How i can do that?

I try to use the seqecontain function. But:

1 - I don't know what is a "seqelist" object, and if we have to use seqecreate function before using the seqecontain function.
In other words, my question is: can we -and how- searching sequences that contain a specific state directly in the seqdef object?

2 - For do this I try to use seqecreate function before, but R return this message:
Erreur dans `seqelength<-`(`*tmp*`, value = c(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, :
s and len should be of the same size .
I supposed than the error come from NA's in my original data set, but in my seqdef function I define state's label for all the eventualities (left, gap, right and nr). Anyway, i'v this info for my seqdef object:
[>] min/max sequence length: 12/12
So all my sequences have the same lenght. What's mean this error message? What are "s" and "len"?

I thank you for TraMineR package, and for the help,

And i hope than my english is not to bad!

Elie Chosson,
Doctorant contractuel,
BATEG, Bureau 513, tel: 04 76 82 59 89

Centre de Recherche en Économie de Grenoble (CREG)
BP 47 - 38040 Grenoble Cedex 9