[Traminer-users] longest common substring

Chris Cameron cjc73 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 18 18:48:56 CET 2012

Hi Hadrien -

I don't see a documented way to compute the greatest common substrings, so a custom function is probably necessary. (Maybe a dev can tell you if there is a hidden flag to indicate substring vs subsequence. The LCS code is implemented in C, so there is not an easy function to modify in the TraMineR package. I have some ideas about how you can make a custom function to do this if you want to talk about it. Before you go that route, it would be worth checking the "TraMineR Extras" package Matthias mentioned on the 16th.

Good Luck
Chris