[Traminer-users] How to find frequent sequences.

Vineet Shukla shuklvineet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:22:09 CEST 2012

I have independent event sequences for example as follows :

Independent event sequence   1 : A , B , C , D
Independent event sequence   2 : A, C , B
Independent event sequence   3 :D, A, B, X,Y, Z
Independent event sequence   4 :C,A,A,B
Independent event sequence   5 :B,A,D

I want to able to find that most common sequence patters as

{A, B }  = > 3
from lines 1,3,5.

Pls note that A,C,B must not be considered because C comes in between
and line 5 also must not be considered because order of A,B is reversed.

In simple words I am looking for "most frequent independent event
sequent" for any length.

I tried SPADE but it does not work for me because there event
sequences are not independent.

Pls let me know which R algo/package I can use ?

Rgds,
Vineet