[Traminer-users] Nominal autocorrelation

Peter Flom peterflomconsulting at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 24 21:15:29 CEST 2012

Good afternoon

I just got TraMineR - what a great package!  It's going to save me a lot of
time and effort.

I have a data set with a bunch of sequences of nominal states (for now,
anyway, 80 sequences, with each having one of two states, but it may also be
necessary to do this with 4 states and more sequences)

My client wants some nominal equivalent of autocorrelation. Looking through
the documentation, the closest thing seems to be turbulence, or perhaps
inverse of turbulence, but that's per sequence, not per data set. Of course,
I could find mean or median turbulence, or mean or median inverted
turbulence, but I wondered if there is some already developed measure for
what I want.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peter Flom