[Traminer-users] seqrplot: Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large

Jane K. Ohgami jko4 at law.georgetown.edu
Tue Mar 8 21:08:13 CET 2011

I am new to TraMineR and have what is probably a very basic question regarding plot/graphing commands for cluster analysis.
I am analyzing career transitions and my data set consists of

 [>] 3842 sequences with 10 distinct events/states
 [>] 2590 distinct sequences
 [>] min/max sequence length: 120/120

Trying to exercise the following syntax:
seqmtplot(Org.seq, group = co.fac, border=NA) or
seqrplot(Org.seq, group = co.fac, co.fac, border=NA)

I get the following error message:
>Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large

I have unsuccessfully tried to adjust for this so would appreciate any suggestions. Basically I need to figure out how my 8 clusters break down. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!