[Traminer-users] dissmfac coefficients

Alexandre Pollien alexandre.pollien at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 24 10:16:24 CEST 2010

Hello

I have a question about the interpretation of the dissmfac function. I
hope this is not stupid and understable.

Can the pseudo-F, pseudo-R2 be interpreted and used in the same way that
regression coefficients? In other words, should we pay attention to
problems of collinearity? Is this really multifactorial system or simply
a series of independent coefficients?
I ask these questions because I did an analysis with strongly correlated
variables, and the results do not seem bad:
I would like to determine the breakpoint of an experience effect : exper
= 1 to 8 and I recode it like this:

exper1 (=1 / 2->8)
exper2 (= 1->2 / 3->8)
exper3 (= 1->3 / 4->8)
exper4 (= 1->4 / 5->8)
etc. ...

I suspect that the experience effect is very strong at first, then
gradually decreases. The results are:

PseudoR2:
7.49E-02
4.57E-02
3.68E-02
9.54E-03
7.49E-03
7.44E-03
4.49E-03

The passage from one experience to two produced a change, as well as 2
to 3, 3 to 4. But a break seems to occur at the 4th level of experience.
Having 4 or having 5 (or 6,7 etc..) units experience seems to make not
very difference (even if the 4th p-value = 0.000). Is that right?

Thank a lot

Alexandre