[tlocoh-info] Ancillary variables

maja.bradaric92 at gmail.com maja.bradaric92 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:54:01 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I’ve started to use T-LoCoH just recently and I am still investigating can this package help me answer all the questions I have in my research. I guess this is very basic question, but, there is no so much explained about ancillary variables and what can be done if we have them in our data.

If I include ancillary variables in my lxy object (temperature, for example), does that mean space use maps will later be created according to the ancillary variable? Or I can use them just to make subsets of the hulls according to certain temperature values? Can I produce behavioural maps according to temperature and possible temperature changes? I don`t really understand how this works, so I would be very grateful for any clarification, in order to be able to continue with my data analysis.

Also, is it possible to include only one ancillary variable, or it can be more of them?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Maja