[tlocoh-info] Removing duplicates in my data

Miranda Swagemakers mswagem1 at gwdg.de
Fri Oct 7 16:01:40 CEST 2016

Hi Maja,

I think you're encountering a new kind of duplicate here. If I remember correctly, the dupes that get removed from the data set under the default settings are the ones that have the same location and time.

The duplicates that you run into when making the lxy object are the once where the time is the same, but the locations are different. Those kind of dupes shouldn't occur (an animal can't be in two places at the same time), so you need to handle them somehow. I think there's an option somewhere to jitter the times?

If that isn't the problem, maybe post the exact error message?

Good luck,

Miranda