[tlocoh-info] T-LoCoH Updates

Andy Lyons ajlyons at stanford.edu
Sun Sep 21 20:53:48 CEST 2014

Dear tlocoh list,

In the next week or two, I plan on splitting the tlocoh package into a
'core' and 'development' package. The rationale for the split is that
the current package contains a number of functions that are not commonly
used and need additional documentation and testing, and thus would be
better suited for an 'in-progress' development version. This includes
functions for hull-based association analysis and working with large
datasets. The development package will also serve as a platform for
testing and distributing new features, without necessitating everyone to
update the entire package.

All of the functions described in the tutorial will stay in the 'core'
package. Both the core and development packages will continue to be
available on R-Forge and supported. The 'core' package will also be
submitted to CRAN.

Thoughts or suggestions on this split are welcome. And as always, if you
have developed any functions or workflows that might be useful to other
people, please let me know so we can explore how to share it including
potentially including it in the core or development package.

Best,

Andy

--
*Andy Lyons*
Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education

http://undergrad.stanford.edu/programs/thinking-matters
http://tlocoh.r-forge.r-project.org
http://www.novamodeler.com
http://www.andylyons.org