[Sorvi-admin] Followup on Share Conference (garden map)

Leo Lahti leo.lahti at iki.fi
Wed May 2 23:40:40 CEST 2012

Hi, Mirco!

it was good to meet you at Share. It was definitely the most inspiring
single event around digital culture I've ever participated, I guess
also this feeling was shared among the other things. Our project site
is at http://louhos.github.com/en/ unless you already checked it out.

Regarding your question on what municipal data to visualize with
flowers in Italy (really cool idea, by the way, like it :-) The
situation varies from country to country but I would perhaps start by
checking if OpenStreetMap (or perhaps GoogleMaps) has well-annotated
data on your region of interest. This could give some ideas
(types/sizes/numbers/colours of buildings etc?). Another would be
population density - such data recently became available for Helsinki
with a relatively good resolution but I doubt if this is the case in
Italy. I will think more, and send you further ideas if I bump into
something.

I'm putting the developer list (Juuso Parkkinen & Joona Lehtomäki) on
cc for inspiration, and perhaps they come up with further suggestions.
You could also note the Open Knowledge Festival in Helsinki 17-22.9.
this year (http://okfestival.org/).

All the best, let's keep in touch!

/ Leo