[Sorvi-admin] open science stream hakkerointisessiokeskustelua

Leo Lahti leo.lahti at iki.fi
Wed Jul 25 08:11:41 CEST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: Hackdays
To: Jenny Molloy <jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com>
Cc: Jane Park <janepark at creativecommons.org>,
educationandresearch at okfestival.org, Joris Pekel <
okfn.joris.pekel at googlemail.com>

Hi Jenny,

I think it would make a lot of sense to collaborate given the overlaps with
respect to open bibliographic data and open access publishing which is also
relevant to publicly funded humanities research.

One idea would be to host the hack in the same room and present the tools
and ideas to be worked on to both groups. It would be a great opportunity
for developers who might have been siloed in one domain previously to work
on something new.

What format is the hack you're doing currently taking? Our one is still
fairly nascent but we have about 6 developers who work on semantic
annotation tools and bibliographic reference management software...

All the best,

Sam

--
Sam Leon