[Seqinr-forum] Seqinr

PENEL SIMON Simon.Penel at univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Aug 10 14:15:20 CEST 2017

Dear Ran Wei,

the problem is related to the fact that there are refseq "partitions" for different type of data, as you can see on the ftp which is  where we get the data for indexing  acnuc databases

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/refseq/release/

We do not index all these partitions, but maybe we should do it in the future (not before October however).

The current  acnuc database called RefSeq contains  RNA refseq sequence.

However you can access to your RefSeq sequence in Genbank, when  the sequence derives from Genbank.

There must be several ways to do it but for your  example:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NC_001477

you can find  in the COMMENTS fields  the accession number of the Genbank sequence : U88536

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/U88536

with seqinr:

> choosebank("genbank")

> lambda <- query("lambda","AC=U88536")

>myseq <-getSequence(lambda)

Note: be carefull that you should give the same name to the list in the query and to the results of the query

I think there are cross reference files between Genbank and Refseq, you may find some information here
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/README_assembly_summary.txt

I hope this help a little

all the best

Simon