[Seqinr-forum] Prepgetannot and getAnnot - a doubt

Fede federivadeneira at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:29:16 CEST 2015

I'm trying to get some specific annotations using seqinr. I recently started using R and also, too seqinr. So, the question is: I want to get some specific fields of the annotations section using first prepgetannot and then getAnnots. I tell you what i'm doing:

First (until here no problem)
s <- choosebank("genbank")
cavia <- query("cavia", "TID=10140 AND O=mitochondrion", socket = s$socket)

At this moment I can use getAnnots to get some annotations of cavia like getAnnots(cavia$req[1:2]) but my intention is for example to filter this and get only the definition or the organism.

I suppose that i could do this with the prepgetannot function but, really, honestly I don't know how to do that. My first idea was using prepgetannot and then getAnnots but this don't seems to work out. This is what I do.

prepgetannots(what = "OR", setfor = c("scan", "getannots"), socket = s$socket, verbose = FALSE)

And then use the getAnnots() function like before but I get the same result, that is, the complete annotation with all the fields. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I cant realize what's my mistake. Thanks, and sorry for my english, this is my first time posting a question here. If you want I can post the output of the annotations but is simply the entire annotations of the accesions that I request

Thanks!!

Federico