[Seqinr-forum] Error reading alignment files in seqinR

Simon Penel simon.penel at univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Jun 25 09:58:11 CEST 2012

Dear Abhijet,

sorry for the delay in answering, I  wonder if problem is related to the
version of R you are using
(and the fact that the NAMESPACE file is still missing in seqinr , it is
something we still have to  change).
Which version og R are you using?

Anyway, a temporary solution  should be to type :
library.dynam("seqinr") juste after you typed library(seqinr)

Let me know if this works

Best,
Simon

Le 16/06/12 08:58, Abhijeet Shah a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have using the read.alignment() function for quite some time. Recently, I
> updated seqinR to 3.0.6, and read.alignment() stopped working. I get the
> following error
>
>> read.alignment("my_alignment.fasta", format="fasta")
> Error in .Call("read_fasta_align", file, PACKAGE = "seqinr") :
>    C symbol name "read_fasta_align" not in DLL for package "seqinr"
>

> Does anyone have a work around or solution for this problem ?
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Abhijeet Shah

Simon Penel
Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive
Bat 711 - CNRS UMR 5558 - Universite Lyon 1
43 bd du 11 novembre 1918 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex
Tel:   04 72 43 29 04      Fax:  04 72 43 13 88
http://lbbe.univ-lyon1.fr/-Penel-Simon-.html?lang=fr

ATTENTION NOUVELLE ADRESSE:
simon.penel at univ-lyon1.fr