[Seqinr-forum] error connecting to ACNUC with choosebank()

Leonor Palmeira mlpalmeira at ulg.ac.be
Tue Jun 14 13:17:16 CEST 2011

The 'pbil' server was down this morning, so I guess the ACNUC database
is not up yet.
Could we have a confirmation from the people in Lyon?

Leo.

On 14/06/11 13:03, Coghlan, Avril wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am wondering if the ACNUC database is down today?
> When I try to connect using SeqinR, I get this error:
>
>> library("seqinr")
>> choosebank("genbank")
> Error in if (res[1] != "0") { : argument is of length zero
>
> I guess it means that the ACNUC database is down? I thought I'd tell you
> in case you didn't realise.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Avril
>
> Avril Coghlan
> Ireland

Leonor Palmeira, PhD

Phone: +32 4 366 42 69
Email: mlpalmeira AT ulg DOT ac DOT be
http://sites.google.com/site/leonorpalmeira

Immunology-Vaccinology, Bat. B43b
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Boulevard de Colonster, 20
University of Liege, B-4000 Liege (Sart-Tilman)
Belgium