[Seqinr-forum] seqinr problem

Leonor Palmeira mlpalmeira at ulg.ac.be
Tue Nov 16 09:51:21 CET 2010

Dear JLA,

the documentation for the kaks() function (that you can access by ?kaks)
answers your question:

"When the alignment does not contain enough information (_i.e._ close to
saturation), the Ka and Ks values are forced to 10."

I suspect your sequences are too divergent for a KaKs analysis and I'm
afraid changing the calculation method will not improve your data...
For now, the only KaKs method implemented in *seqinr* is indeed Li (1993).

Best,
Leonor.