[Seqinr-forum] Oriloc plot issues

Daniel Bozinov Daniel.Bozinov at nih.gov
Fri Nov 6 23:42:48 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I am using Oriloc in the seqinR package on various bacterial plasmids in
fasta format. Some of them produce acceptable plots, however, a few
others produce rather weird curves that I cannot explain. I could attach
the actual images for illustration as well as the fasta files and
corresponding glimmer prediction files, but I am not sure if file
attachments are welcomed in this list. Therefore I will try to recreate
the curve in question with ascii characters.

So an Oriloc plot could basically look something like this:

|              ___/\____
|             /            \
|        -   /              \
|--/

where the black line suddenly shoots back. This can occur either in the
beginning of the plot (on the left) or at the end. Any ideas what could
cause this? I assume it's some sort of artifact, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

email Daniel.Bozinov at nih.gov