[Seqinr-forum] Hijacking + release 2.0-2

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Feb 6 14:15:44 CET 2009

Dear seqinR,

seqinr 2.0-2 is on its way to CRAN, details at the end.

For now, I'm hijacking the list to ask for your help. As you may have
seen in last issue of Nature:

http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2009/02/entente_pas_cordiale.html

We are facing a very difficult situation in french universities.
You can help us there:

http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/appel/spip.php?rubrique1

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Z.

Release Notes for version 2.0-2
-------------------------------

o New ABIF format related functions: plotabif() to plot
   electrophoregrams with optonial internal size standard and optional
   allelic ladder, peakabif() to locate peaks in electrophoregrams,
   plotladder() to display an observed allelic ladder.

o New datasets gs500liz for size standards, identifiler for allelic
   ladder names, ECH for allelic ladder raw data and JLO for forensic
   genetic profile raw data. The last one is now used as a quality check
   for the read.abif() function.

o A new folder called abif has been created under the inst folder.
   The purpose of this folder is to contain examples of files in ABIF
   format so that the results of the read.abif() function can be checked
   against expected results for quality check. It contains for now two
   duplicated genetic profiles and two allelic ladders from the same
   batch experiment.

--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,