[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib on Mac OS X 10.10

George grandtiger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 05:46:32 CEST 2016

Following is the error, when I try to install RQuantLib using the command
below.

install.packages("
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz", repo=NULL,
type='source', configure.args="--with-boost-include=/opt/local/include/
--with-boost-lib=/opt/local/lib/")

I wonder anyone has experience with this, and whether there is a solution.
Thanks a lot and have a great weekend!

66 warnings generated.

clang++ -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined
dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress
-L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o
RQuantLib.so RcppExports.o asian.o barrier_binary.o bermudan.o bonds.o
calendars.o curves.o dates.o daycounter.o discount.o hullwhite.o implieds.o
modules.o schedule.o utils.o vanilla.o zero.o -L/opt/local/lib
-L/opt/local/lib -lQuantLib -L/opt/local/lib/
-F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R -Wl,-framework
-Wl,CoreFoundation

installing to
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib/libs

** R

** demo

** inst

** preparing package for lazy loading

** help

*** installing help indices

** building package indices

** testing if installed package can be loaded

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :

  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so,
6): Symbol not found:
__ZN8QuantLib13FixedRateBondC1EjdRKNS_8ScheduleERKNSt3__16vectorIdNS4_9allocatorIdEEEERKNS_10DayCounterENS_21BusinessDayConventionEdRKNS_4DateERKNS_8CalendarERKNS_6PeriodESK_SE_b

  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so

  Expected in: flat namespace

 in
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib/libs/RQuantLib.so

Error: loading failed

Execution halted

ERROR: loading failed

* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/RQuantLib’

*Warning message:*

*In
install.packages("https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz
<https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz>",  :*

*  installation of package
‘/tmp/RtmpNWaFiC/downloaded_packages/RQuantLib_0.4.2.tar.gz’ had non-zero
exit status*

> clang: error: invalid library name in argument '-stdlib=libstdc'clang:
error: invalid library name in argument '-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error:
invalid library name in argument '-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error: invalid
library name in argument '-stdlib=libstdc'if installed package can be
loadedclang: error: invalid library name in argument
'-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error: invalid library name in argument
'-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error: invalid library name in argument
'-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error: invalid library name in argument
'-stdlib=libstdc'clang: error: invalid library name in argument
'-stdlib=libstdc'clan

*Error: unexpected symbol in "clang: error: invalid library"*

> if installed package can be loaded

*Error: unexpected symbol in "if installed"*