[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib fixed-income discussion (Re: 1 Rquantlib-devel moderator request(s) waiting)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 8 15:42:10 CEST 2014

On 8 October 2014 at 15:23, Michele Salvadore wrote:
| On 8 October 2014 13:52, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|     On 8 October 2014 at 10:53, Michele Salvadore wrote:
|     | I was wondering what you think of these changes. I would like to
|     contribute
|     | them back to the package, but I am worried about the fact the the need to
|     | extend the interface has broken backward compatibility for FixedRateBond.
|     I was
|
|     I generally like backwards compatibility.
|
| Me too, as long as it is possible.

We are on the same page. So let's see what we can do here.

| Yes, git is my versioning tool of choice, I will clean things up a bit and
| provide a pull request.

Perfect.

And then you probably know that the GH repo is currently quite a bit ahead of
the CRAN version, so by all means use my GH sources.  I think more work on
fixed income was one of my possible goals for a 0.4.0 release -- so a pull
request of yours may get us there.  A lot of the other interfaces are simpler
now thanks to Rcpp Attributes, but the signature has not changed so we
preserved backwards compatitibility there,

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org