[Rprotobuf-yada] R version

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Sep 11 18:37:16 CEST 2010

On 11 September 2010 at 09:23, eckuipers-web at yahoo.com wrote:
| Is here any particular reason why RProtobuf requires R version 2.11.0 or higher?

Nope. We just happen to run current versions and sometimes encode this
somewhat sloppily.  I _think_ that everything in our nexus that is on CRAN
should actually work with 2.10.* but I am not entirely sure.  For Rcpp 0.8.6
I just dialed it back down from 2.11 to 2.10.

That said, Rcpp in SVN  just switched to R 2.12 because we are matching /
extending / cooperating with some internal changes there.  That is explicit
and on purpose.  But for the others older releases should work.

| I have version 2.10.1 installed and rather not upgrade (since its the version we
| use on all computers at my work)

Poor you :)  I run Ubuntu server at work using 10.4 and get current R
versions from CRAN thanks to the backporters Vincent and Michael.

In short: just edit DESCRIPTION and move on. You should be fine.  Try R CMD
check as well.