[Rprotobuf-yada] RprotoBuf initiation

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:22:20 CET 2010

Hi,

(I had to manually let this email through, please consider register to
this mailing list --- which is very low traffic --- if you will send
more emails)

protocol buffers are dumb data containers, as such they don't have logic
(methods, etc ...), so you can't build an object oriented system on them.

As far as I am concerned, protobuf are just a way to structure data and
transfer it to various languages. So for example if you serialize a
message in R (with RProtoBuf) and deserialize it in java, you get the
same data.

Does that help ?

Romain

--