[Rprotobuf-yada] linking against R shared library

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:51:20 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use the limited connection api using R_outpstream_st that
is defined in Rinternals.h

I have code that looks like this (trimmed of do_serializeToConn) :

     Rconnection con   ;
     struct R_outpstream_st out;
     R_pstream_format_t type = R_pstream_binary_format ;
     SEXP (*hook)(SEXP, SEXP) = NULL ;
     con = getConnection(Rf_asInteger(connection));
     R_InitConnOutPStream(&out, con, type, 0, hook, R_NilValue );

The issue I have at the moment is with the call to "getConnection", so I
was trying to do things like this :

#ifndef LibExtern
#define LibExtern extern
#endif
LibExtern Rconnection getConnection(int);

but for this I think we need to link against the R shared lib ? Do you
know how to do this.

Romain

--
Romain Francois