[Rnomads-user] DODSGrab Error, Accessing Ensemble Weather Models.

Francis francis.felici at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 16:13:52 CEST 2021

Hi Danny,
thank you for your amazing package.

I have a problem while trying to reproduce the code for accessing ensemble
weather models found at this link:
https://bovineaerospace.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/accessing-ensemble-weather-models-with-rnomads/

When I execute the exact same code but with a different model (model.urls
<- GetDODSDates("gens_bc")     instead of "gens"),
I get the following error:

[1] "
https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:443/dods/gens_bc/gens20210419/gep_all_06z.ascii?tmpprs[0:20][0:0][0:25][124:128][279:283]
"
There may have been an error retrieving data from the NOMADS server.  HTML
text is as follows
<head>
  <title>GrADS Data Server - error</title>
</head>
<h2>GrADS Data Server - error</h2>
<hr><br>
The server could not fulfill this request:<p><b>
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/dods/gens_bc/gens20210419/gep_all_06z.ascii?tmpprs[0:20][0:0][0:25][124:128][279:283]</b><p>
because of the following error:<p>
<b>constraint parsing failed; Invalid Parameter Exception:
DArrayDimension.setProjection: Bad Projection Request: stop >= size</b><p>
Check the syntax of your request, or click <a href=".help">here</a> for
help using the server.
GrADS Data Server</a> 2.0 (<a href="http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:80/dods/help
">help using this server</a>)
.  </font>
Error in 2:(r.end - 1) : argument of length 0

Do you have any idea of why this error is coming up?

Thankfully,
Francis.