[Rnomads-user] rNOMADS Fix

Philip herd_dog at cox.net
Tue Sep 1 18:13:43 CEST 2020

Below is the code I used to try to install the rNOMADS fix.  I am absolutely certain that the .tar.gz file is in the specified folder.

Does the warning and my inability to get it loaded make any sense to you?

install.packages("C:/Ballooning/WeatherBriefing/rNOMADS_2.5.0.tar.gz",type="source")

Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Owner/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘C:/Ballooning/WeatherBriefing/rNOMADS_2.5.0.tar.gz’ is not available (for R version 4.0.2)
I’m trying to correlate – actually partial least squares – low level wind direction and speed forecasts from the NOAA’s Rapid Update model to GPS bread crumb data collected  by a phone ap that tracks our hot air balloon flights.  Attached is the record of a flight my wife did in Mesquite Nevada in January.  She crossed over I-15 six times in an hour by going up and down to catch different winds.  When we fly we really don’t go anywhere.  We don’t really accomplish anything.  But it is such a hoot to play the winds.

Thanks,
Philip