[Rnomads-user] rNOMADS 2.3.8 released

Daniel Bowman danny.c.bowman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:19:32 CET 2017

Hello all,

I have been planning some substantial revisions to ReadGrib(), but in
the meantime several users have had issues with parentheses in
variable names and problems reading files in Windows.  So I've
released this interim version that fixes those problems.

The next release (2.4.0) will substantially modify ReadGrib():

1.  You will not have to specify variables and levels if you don't want to.
2.  You have the option of just reading the file inventory (I get a
lot of questions asking how to tell what's in a grib file, and this
makes more sense then redirecting people to GribInfo())
3.  Parts of it will be vectorized per Antonious Papautsakis'
revisions (thank you! you will be listed as contributor).

More suggestions are welcome in the meantime.

Best,

Danny