[Rnomads-user] rNOMADs Linux problem

Alexander Kulikov a.w.kulikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:07:49 CET 2017

Dear All, dear Mr. Bowman,

I use your beautiful rNOMADs R package to pull weather forecasts from the
German weather service ftp-server (grib2 files).

On my local computer under Windows there is no problem to get the data.
However, on a Linux server, the "gribinfos" function returns e.g.

"var discipline=0 master_table=11 parmcat=6 parm=1"

istead of "TCDC". Accordingly, ReadGrib function returns no values.

Do you know what causes the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards
Alexander Kulikov