[Rnomads-user] Download old GFS of 0.25 degree

Bowman, Daniel haksaeng at live.unc.edu
Fri Jan 22 15:46:50 CET 2016

Hi Santiago,

rNOMADS has the ability to retrieve archived 0.5 x 0.5 degree GFS model runs, but I do not believe NOMADS has made the 0.25 x 0.25 degree archive available.

For example, to get the archived 0.5 degree model for January 1st at 00z, do this:

library(rNOMADS)

abbrev <- "gfs4"

model.date <- "20160101"

model.run   <- "00"

pred             <- "00"

grb.info <- ArchiveGribGrab(abbrev, model.date, model.run, pred, file.type = "grib2")

Best,

Danny

Daniel C. Bowman
Doctoral Candidate in Geophysics