[Rnomads-user] GetDODSDates Error on New Windows 7 Machine

Tal Levy tlevy at appianwayenergy.com
Thu Oct 1 16:20:25 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to a new windows 7 machine with a fresh install of both R 3.2.2 and rNOMADs and started receiving the following error when running GetDODSDates:

> model.urls <- GetDODSDates("nam")
Error in UseMethod("xml_find_all") :
  no applicable method for 'xml_find_all' applied to an object of class "c('HTMLInternalDocument', 'HTMLInternalDocument', 'XMLInternalDocument', 'XMLAbstractDocument')"

The error is present with a few different weather models. The function was working fine on a previous windows 7 machine with R 3.2.1, so I think it is probably a recent change (in the last 4 months) either in R base or an dependency package. The rest of rNOMADS appears to be working fine for me.

Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this error AND/OR if a fix is available.

Thanks!
Tal