[Rnomads-user] rNOMADS 2.1.0 and Wavewatch III

Jarrett Byrnes Jarrett.Byrnes at umb.edu
Wed Jan 21 23:04:59 CET 2015

Indeed, and it looks like there’s a large hindcast archive: http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/CFSR_hindcast.shtml

The data is located at http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/nopp-phase1/ and is in grb format.

So, I suppose one could automate scrolling through the directories to get comparable grb files per year, and generate a time series with rNOMADS?

Hrm.

On Jan 2, 2015, at 2:14 PM, Bowman, Daniel <haksaeng at live.unc.edu<mailto:haksaeng at live.unc.edu>> wrote:

Hi Jarrett,

Yes, apparently it can.  Check out the Wave model description on the NCEP web site:
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/txt_descriptions/Wave_model_forecast_doc.shtml

It looks like the model does include hindcasts.  I had a look at the grib and DODS filters and couldn't immediately tell which were hindcasts and which were not, but if they're there, rNOMADS can get them.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best,

Danny

Daniel C. Bowman
Doctoral Candidate in Geophysics