[Rnomads-user] rNOMADS 2.1.2 released

Bowman, Daniel haksaeng at live.unc.edu
Fri Jan 16 18:44:50 CET 2015

Hello all,

I just released rNOMADS 2.1.2.  This is a minor update.  It mainly fixes all my examples that depended on the now-removed "gfs_hd" abbreviation (this has been replaced with gfs_0p50).  I also changed the GetClosestGFSForecasts function to GetClosestForecasts and required the user to input the model abbreviation.

The new GFS model output with 0.25 x 0.25 degree resolution is really pretty: twice the resolution of the old high definition model!  Check out an example script here.

https://bovineaerospace.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/new-updates-to-the-rnomads-package-and-big-changes-in-the-gfs-model/

[https://bovineaerospace.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/gfs0p25.png]<https://bovineaerospace.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/new-updates-to-the-rnomads-package-and-big-changes-in-the-gfs-model/>

New updates to the rNOMADS package and big changes in the GFS model | Bovine Aerospace
I rolled out a big update to the rNOMADS package in R about two weeks ago.  Now, the list of real time weather, ocean, and sea ice models available through rNOMADS updates automatically by scraping...
Read more...<https://bovineaerospace.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/new-updates-to-the-rnomads-package-and-big-changes-in-the-gfs-model/>

Have a good weekend, and let me know if you experience any issues.

Danny

Daniel C. Bowman
Doctoral Candidate in Geophysics
Mitchell 315